Why should you stop procrastinating? Because procrastination will cost you money and damage your reputation. Think I’m exaggerating? Ever put off getting gas and have to stop at the most expensive gas station? Ever hit the snooze button so many times you’re late for work? Exactly.
Five bucks says you’re procrastinating right now while reading about procrastination. What’s not getting done? Housecleaning, book reading, bill paying? Believe me…I can think of a million other things I’d rather do than something I don’t want to do!
What I know about myself is that the number one reason I procrastinate is not knowing how to do something. I will find forty non-important items to check off my list and call it a day.
Why do you procrastinate? Are you a perfectionist? Unmotivated? Whatever the reason, it’s time to change that nasty little habit…today…not tomorrow.
Check out these easy and effective tips you can start today to win the procrastination battle:
- Stop hitting snooze – is that really how you want to live life? Snoozing??
- Make a to-do list – it doesn’t have to be a perfect list made with your favorite pen in your best handwriting – it just has to EXIST!
- Tackle the hard items first – you will be amazed at how clear your head is afterward.
- Stop saying “yes” to things you don’t want or need to do – this is a recipe for a procrastination disaster!
- Don’t know how to do something on your list – Google it! You’re not the first person with that problem and you certainly won’t be the last. The worldwide web is an amazing tool!
Do you think your procrastination habit is out of control and costing you money or damaging your reputation? Are you ready to stop procrastinating?
Check out Find Your Time’s Time Management Bootcamp to see how to effectively management your time and find time for what matters most!
Time Management Bootcamp – VirtualProduct on sale